MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
The Privateer - Dawn Mactavish I was disappointed. The first half of this book was awesome. There was a great build-up, a logical sequence of events, good characterizations... Then somewhere in the middle the story just went haywire. The heroine had a few incredibly TSTL moments, and behaved in ways that were completely ridiculous and irrational. And don't even get me started on the meddling controlling, annoying mother. The hero's mom was so intrusive and the constant bickering between the two of them was tiresome and boring. There was no clear story arc. Or at leas there was until the middle when the top of the arc fell through and then kept trying to rebuild. The book didn't seem to know which conflict it wanted to showcase. There were too many conflicts going on at various points throughout the story, and it was almost like the book was having an identity crisis.

Either way I'm still rating it three stars because I liked the writing style, and I did really enjoy the first half of the story. I just wish the book had taken a different direction, and I wish that the flow had been more logical and believable.