MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
Ravished - Amanda Quick This was a great book! Right from the very start the hero and heroine had a sizzling chemistry. It is also very rare for me to find a book where I genuinely LIKE both the hero and the heroine. I adored Harriet. I loved how pragmatic she was. There was not a bit of pretense about her... she was just herself and she remained true to it, and didn't really care whether anybody else approved or not. Loved her! I loved the hard shell/soft center characterization of Gideon, as well.

This was a five-star read for me, but I still had a couple things that kind of bugged me. The last quarter of the book dragged a bit. I also got a bit tired of Harriet's constant "I forbid it! I'm putting my foot down" attitude. It was like - OK, I get it, you're the type of person who is going to stand up for herself and demand equality, good for you.

Other than that... loved it.