MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
The Duke - Gaelen Foley Really liked this book. Loved all of the layers of this plot that were continually peeled away during the course of reading the book. Belinda Hamilton is one of the very BEST heroines I've ever read in a romance novel. I was so wowed and dazzled by her strength of character and her unwillingness to compromise herself or to settle for less than what she she deserved. She stood up for herself. She was strong and intelligent - and it was real. She didn't put up a big show of strength and then crumble as soon as her man offered to carry her (as many romance heroines do). I do love a character who survives and perseveres in the face of adversity, and La Belle Hamilton certainly fit that to a 'T'. Absolutely loved her.

Wasn't too crazy about Hawk. I felt he took way too long to come to his senses. I found myself almost half wishing that Bel would marry Mick Braden and be happy and rub it in Hawk's smug little face for the rest of his life. I didn't like that he had to wait for Clive to spill the beans about Lucy's death before he finally decided to go after Bel. Each page that passed without him going after her made me lose more and more respect for him. If it hadn't been for the exposure of Coldfell's crime, I don't think Hawk WOULD have made all the grand gestures he eventually makes at the end, like sending Juliet and Clive off to marry, and riding into the theatre on his white horse to proclaim his love for Bel (which I thought was a tad over the top). I wanted Hawk to declare his love before all that. It would have meant more.... it would have proven that he had really humbled himself and had CHOSEN Bel over his public image.

Alas, it was a page-turner. I understand why this book is so popular. I found myself far more interested, however, in Alec Knight. I will definitely read the rest of the Knights Miscellany series.