MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
Secrets, Lies & Love - Roseanne Dowell This was poorly written, with poor use of grammar and punctuation. It was written as though it was transcribed from somebody's verbal recounting of the story. A lot of sentences began with 'Heck' or 'Crap.' As in, "Heck, when he started college she was only a freshman."
The narrative was full of various characters constantly asking themselves questions, and then answering them with "She had no idea."

I'll admit I did not finish this entire book because the writing was so annoying. Plus, the story was poorly planned. There was very little continuity.

And the hero and heroine share their first kiss over a dead body. This is after countless times staring at each other as heat coursed through them. I'm sorry, but when there's a corpse stinking up my living room, the last think I'm thinking about is the way a guy's hand sends tingles up my spine, or searing heat shooting through my body. Yet, that's exactly what our heroine described she felt... as a dead guy with a knife sticking out of his chest lay merely feet away.