MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
The Sergeant's Lady - Susanna Fraser I am so in love with this story. I do so love reading romances that involve genuine, real love between two honest and mature people who beat seemingly insurmountable odds in order to stay together. I also adore 'forbidden love' romances, especially when it involves lovers who are separated by social class.

This book is the kind that leaves me feeling very warm and fuzzy and happy inside, and I'm so glad I found it. Will and Anna were so likeable and their stories were so interesting. From the moment they found one another I just wanted them to be together. The challenges they faced did not stem from silly misunderstandings or stubbornness. Instead the author placed obstacles in their path that were realistic, and these characters handled them and overcame them realistically.

I was also impressed with the depth of the author's research into the historical aspects of The Peninsular War. I appreciate when an author takes the time to include real historical details as often as possible, and to take creative license when it is appropriate.

This reminds me of another book I read a while back: [b:Ship of Dreams|10806315|Ship of Dreams|Brenda Hiatt|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512Lxd7qD5L._SL75_.jpg|669042], which also involves lovers separated by social class who beat the odds, and also which surrounds the details of a real historical event. If you liked The Sergeant's Lady for the same reasons I noted above, you will probably also like Ship of Dreams.