MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1) - Patricia Ryan I enjoyed this book very much. The writing was excellent, and the story kept me interested from beginning to end. I loved the characters, especially Joanna, who was a true heroine in every sense of the word. Graeham was a good hero, too, because he was REAL and human and genuinely flawed. We got to spend a lot of time in his head, hearing his thoughts and feeling his feelings. I love when authors do this, and it really made me feel closer to the characters and care more deeply about them. The secondary characters were also well-developed and interesting.

There were a few things I did not like, but nothing that affected my overall enjoyment. Back story was described a LOT via dialogue, and at times I felt it would have been better had it been part of the narrative.

while I loved the way the book ended, I did not like the way that the author wrote the ending, when the hero comes back to England to find the heroine, and when he does, he TELLS her about his journey back and his realizations of how much he needs her. I wanted to actually READ the events of Graeham on the ship, standing in the rain and weeping as he realized the depth of his love, the error of his ways, and his longing to correct it. Instead we had to read Graeham merely describing those major events to Joanna. These should have been events that were actually a part of the book, described through narrative as they occurred, not told through dialogue. I felt a bit cheated by it, especially after the readers got to spend so much time with Hugh and his feelings throughout much of the book.

All in all, it was a great read, and I will definitely read Hugh's (Joanna's brother) story, as well. I loved his character in this book, and I'm also hoping get to see a bit of Graeham and Joanna in the The Sun and the Moon as well.