MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
Honor's Splendour - Julie Garwood Hmmm... what can I say? I was unimpressed. I never connected with the characters at all. All I could think by the end was how battered and bruised poor Duncan's chin probably was (I don't even want to count how many times Madelyne bumped or knocked the poor guy's chin with her head!).

I listened to this on audio, and it's always difficult for me to tell whether that affected my liking for a book. Although, I have been able to connect with other characters in audiobooks, so I hesitate to attribute my response to this book to that fact.

I loved the story idea, I just didn't care for Garwood's style. Also, I'm not sure if this is realistic or not, but I could alllllmooost sense a 1980's flavor to the interactions between the characters... which put me off a bit.

Overall, it's difficult to say why for certain, except that I just didn't care much for it.