MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
Dancing Moon - Barbara Samuel I wanted to like this book much more than I did. First let me say that Barbara Samuel is one of my favorite romance authors. This was a good story. Characters were well-developed and likeable, the scenes were well-written and descriptive. The plot sounded so promising - an Irish immigrant heroine running away from her slave overseer husband meets up with a half-Mexican half-Cheyenne hero on the trail who rescues her and her runaway slave friend. Together they travel to Taos, all the while the heroine's vicious husband is on their trail.

Something just fell short in this story. It seemed a bit choppy, some conflicts were resolved too quickly, and the whole thing seemed a bit rushed. Still liked it, just was not the caliber of story I have come to expect from this author.

Also - FYI - there were SEVERAL editing errors in the Kindle version of this book. More than just misspellings, but sometimes pieces of sentences were clearly missing, and entirely wrong words were used.