MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
Rainshadow Road - Lisa Kleypas Listened on Audio. Audiobook narrator was not good at all. Very flat tones, with little to no inflection, even when the characters were expressing heightened emotions. Even at one point when the little girl in the book said "Par-tay" (party), the narrator said it so flat and monotone that I was like... Really? This is a kid, saying "par-tay"... I think she's going to have a bit of animation in her tone, here, girl.

Anyway, the story was good. Although, the characters were a tad annoying. I also wasn't entirely certain whether I liked the whole magic theme. It felt like an afterthought to the story. Not that there needs to be a detailed explanation, but I just didn't get why it was a part of the story at all. It was... not explored enough, especially after the hero says that he, too, has these magic powers, and that he can actually control them. But that was it. No more talk about his magic. We never get to see it. What was the point? It ws just frustrating.

Not a bad book, I enjoyed listening to it, but it was just... underwhelming.