MaryGB

But I don’t know what to do with those Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs.

I have always been an avid reader. I read fiction and nonfiction.  When I read fiction - It's almost a guarantee I am reading a romance novel.

Someone to Watch Over Me
Lisa Kleypas
Summer's Storm - Denise Domning The second book in this series, we get to see Temric's Story. I liked the book a great deal, but it was not quite as *WOW* for me as the first one. This book has a love at first sight theme, which doesn't always work for everyone. For me, it does as long as the author makes it believable (my favorite book EVER, [b:A Bed of Spices|1247742|A Bed of Spices|Barbara Samuel|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1343024193s/1247742.jpg|1236480] is also insta-love, and I totally adored it). In this case, the author makes it work by tying it to some spiritual elements later on in the book (kind of a 'meant for each other' concept).

I loved this story especially because the hero and heroine were both born out of wedlock, which united them as well as provided an excellent plot device that drives them apart. Most of the book is spent with these two trying to be together at all costs. And the costs are staggeringly high, as their love is forbidden (she's already married to an evil, abusive man, and their related by marriage). It seems nearly impossible that the author will actually be able work out the tangles and knots in such a way that will allow these characters to be together and happy as they should be. But it does it work out (obviously, it's a romance novel). But as a result the storyline became very complex, almost to the point of being exhausting to keep up with. A lot of explanation was required throughout. BUT - it was worth it. They were a great couple, and Temric is an outstanding hero. A true hero, in every sense of the word. I adored him.

Some quotes I liked:

In her mind, she gathered together every instant she shared with Temric. These moments she polished to a shiny brightness, then stored them in her memory like the precious jewels they were.
---
"Philippa, how am I to continue without you now that I know you? You are mine."
---
"Nay, the similarity of our births was only the lure that drew me to her. I love her because she's herself."
---
In that instant, Temric found his life unbearably precious and the thought of leaving it intolerable.
---
"Oh Temric," she pleaded, "love me until I cannot think."
"As you will," he said softly, then touched his mouth to hers in a gentle caress.